Novus Swell Webisodes!

Pick the webisode you want to watch and click play!

Monday, January 18, 2010

Volcom VQS at Maili Point and Who's My Weird Buddy John?

Had a loooooong day at the Volcom VQS at Maili Point today. My buddy John and I left my place at 5:30am, picked up Christian Pendleton, went to the contest and ended up getting back home at like 8:30pm!

The waves were firing and and the condition was perfect! I'll be doing an video webisode on the event this tuesday so stay tuned.

oh, and i got a hat and a DVD from Volcom and got them autographed by Volcom team riders Dax and Finn McGill! I'll be giving them away on the next webisode too!

It was really cool john got to see what i do. i usually end up having like 20 kids on my tent just trying to talk over each other when they aren't surfing. John was tripping out how i can stay calm and deal with these groms. ha ha.

It was a perfect day at Maili Point and the amazing sunset just made the day 100x better!

On the way home I had to bring Joy Haynes, Jenna Forti and Heidi Choi back to town too. So that's 6 people, 1 Longboard, 5 shortboards, 2 chairs, 1 tent, 1 cooler, backpacks, towels, a tripod, my equipments, etc. in my wagon... It was crazy fitting everything and everyone in the car!
Here's what my wagon looked like after packing everything. The tent on one side, 6 boards on the other side of my softracks, everything packed to the ceiling in the back and people packed in the front! I still got over 30mpg! I love my wagon! thanks Heidi for the photo!

On the drive home, kids were asking about John since he's a funny guy wears super short shorts. ha ha. I kept telling them that he's a musician but they didn't believe me so we ended up listening to his band's, Home Grown, music all the way home. If you don't know who Home Grown is, here are a couple of there music videos.



Now you kids know who he is, so feel free to make fun of his short shorts! Ha ha. He'll be hanging out with me all week.

Kaz Sano


No comments: