Novus Swell Webisodes!

Pick the webisode you want to watch and click play!

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Quiksilver in Memory of Eddie Aikau!

Eddie went! They ran Quiksilver in Memory of Eddie Aikau event today. I was so stoked to be at 1 of 8 Eddies they ever ran in 25 years!

I went there early to get a good parking space. i think i got there at like 3am. i secured my spot to watch the event and slept on my chair for hours. when i got there, they were so many people sleeping there!

It was freezing cold but the moonlight in the sky was just amazing!

When i woke up, there were so many people there! I've never seen Waimea as crowded as today, ever!

This was right around where i was.
By the main tent.

The other side of the bay.

the waves were little inconsistent but when they came, they were BIG!1
It's gotta be crazy looking down the wave like that!

It must be even more crazy dropping in on waves like this!

I wasn't going to put together a video since it has nothing to do with kids and didn't want kids who skipped school to get in trouble for being at the event. ha ha. but i'll put something together tomorrow just so people can see what i got to see!

on my way back to town, i was shocked to see people were WALKING all the way to Haleiwa from Waimea since they couldn't parking!

here are some cars parked right before Haleiwa on my way home.

I'm so glad i got there super early! I hate walking, specially with my cameras, chair, cooler and all the other stuff i brought with me!

Congrats to Greg Long from San Clemente, California! He was the big winner today!

oh and one more thing! Coco was surfing a WCT event in Maui kicking butt WHILE her father Michael Ho was kicking butt at Waimea! How cool is that! Father and a daughter surfing two separate world surfing event at the same time! Great job Coco, she's in the Quarter Finals!

ok, i'm super exhausted! time to get some rest.

No comments: