Novus Swell Webisodes!

Pick the webisode you want to watch and click play!

Saturday, May 7, 2011

HSA States Award Ceremony - Meet Joey Johnston, he's ALMOST as good looking as i was at his age... almost. ha ha

3 loooong days of HSA State Championships ended today and had an amazing award ceremony at Jimmy Buffett at Waikiki Beachcomber.

I was just amazed at how everyone was surfing so well over the past 3 days.

The award ceremony was good fun... maybe because all the parents were buying me drinks all night. ha ha.
Thank you everyone who bought me drinks and food!

Thank you Jason Shibata for taking this photo!

I seriously think Hawaii got the best surfer kids and parents in the world. They aren't just friends, but more like one big family. i feel very honored to be part of this surfing community!

Since last year, I (Novus Swell) started sponsoring a kid each season for his/her HSA entry fees. Last year was Gen Asano and he did great this year. He is surfing way better and i like to think he became a better person over all.

This year I picked... Joey Johnston!

He reminds me of myself when i was his age. He always got the positive vibe and smiling all the time. He's all about making other people's day little bit better by interacting with him AND he surfs unreal! Oh and he's ALMOST as good looking as i was at his age. ha ha

The best part of giving him the sponsorship for the season was how everyone was stoked about it for him and offering him rides if he needs rides to the contests. Talk about Aloha spirit from the whole surfing community! Thank you everyone for supporting Joey! I know in return, he will make you smile and laugh at least 10 times every time you help him out!

I want to congratulate everyone who surfed at the States. There were no easy heats because everyone was surfing so well.

It was a long, rainy and cold 3 days but i had the best time. Thank you all!

Kaz

No comments: