Novus Swell Webisodes!

Pick the webisode you want to watch and click play!

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Another photo session at Kewalos

I picked up some kids from Hawaii Kai today and we all went to Kewalos. It was raining when we got there but after the rain, it was all clear and blue sky.

I wacked my ring toe (I have no idea what the name of that toe is but you know which one i'm talking about, right? thanks Joy for coming up with a name for that toe! ha ha) 2 days ago and i think it's broke...

i knew i couldn't surf with my broken toe so i decided to jump in the water and shoot. (and yes, the toe was hurting swimming around with my fins on.)

i have the worst luck when it comes to shooting photo! right after i got my camera ready and ready to jump in the water, the weather turned and it was cloudy and dark... oh well, i was ready already so i just went shooting anyways.


This is Tia Blanco, she been coming to Kewalos for a while now and she got so much better in little time i've known her.

Go Tia!

This is Vanina Walsh, don't let her little size fool you! She charges! She shortboards, longboards, SUP, and tandems too. i found this video of her tandem surfing some big waves, check it out!


This is Vincent Starn, he's one of the kids who's starting to rip! I got to say he had some of the best waves today while i was out there.

Vincent was taking off on some nice size waves!


This is Gen Asano, he's also improved so much this year. He used to surf Waikiki all the time and now he's a Kewalos local. He finds this hidden rights inside Kewalos all the time. i named it Gen's right.

And of course here are Moniz kids! ha ha

Here's Josh, he's only 13 but he got so much power when he turns. I got to see him surf Sunset on a pretty big day and it was like watching mini Pancho Sullivan!

Here's Seth, he surfs so good it almost scares me. he's always on the right spot of waves and he got one of the cleanest styles.

Everyone thought Seth was going to run me over on the photos above. i was using my fisheye lens so he was like only 6 inches away from me when he came close! good thing he can surf! ha ha.

and how can i end my blog without this girl.

Kelia (aka, Sister)! She's taking a little break from contests now but still surfing everyday and still ripping! check out her blog at http://go-naminori.com/keliamoniz!

The lighting was horrible and i didn't get any shots i can really use but i still had fun time being in the water!

There are videos of all of these kids on my site Novus Swell so check them out if you want to see these groms in action!


No comments: