Novus Swell Webisodes!

Pick the webisode you want to watch and click play!

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Hawaiian South Shore's 2nd Annual Blood Drive

Today was Hawaiian South Shore's (HSS) 2nd Annual Blood Drive. my appointment was at 11am so i grabbed something to eat really quick and went over there to donate some blood!

i signed myself in, filled out a form and they took me into this nifty Blood Bank of Hawaii bus.

i was kindda nervous because it's been years since the last time i donated blood. i forgot how HUGE the needle was.

here i am being nervous while my nurse was prepping me super good.

the nurse was super good at what she does 'cuz the huge needle didn't even hurt that much.

David, the owner of HSS, stopped by to make sure my blood was not green. ha ha

it was super easy and painless. well, not painless but it was less painful than when i cut my nails too deep. ha ha

the nurses were so cool, they let me took a picture with my blood! here i am saying "bye" to my blood.

that was the easiest way to save up to 3 people's lives!

Derek DID show up but he couldn't donate his blood 'cuz he's way too dirty. i told him not to sleep with that one crach whore!! nah, just kidding. ha ha. he smashed his lip on his surfboard yesterday so the people at the blood bank told him he cannot donate. bummer!!

it's good the blood bank of hawaii is super careful about that kind of stuff.

i'm still stoked that derek was willing to donate. thanks derek!

i want to thank HSS for putting together this blood drive. i don't know the exact number yet but i think they got more than 30 people. that's possible 90 lives being saved because of this event!!

i also want to thank everyone who showed up and donated or tried to donate blood.

if you missed the blood drive but want to donate blood check out Blood Bank of Hawaii website!

No comments: