Novus Swell Webisodes!

Pick the webisode you want to watch and click play!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Pretty good 2011 so far! - Pros with no main sponsors?!?!

Happy New Year!!! I'm finally back in Hawaii! Well, i got back a couple of days ago but i've been busy trying to catch up on work. I know i've been laggin on updating but i'm back and ready to update all the time now!

Remember how Sticky Bumps and Ransom wax hooked me up in Cali?
You see the box, it got tons of bars of Ransom wax in it and it was HEAVY! Being a cheap guy that i am, i tried everything i can to bring them back without paying extra for my luggage.

i had to make sure my bag was under 50lbs.
i had to carry about 40 bars in my backpack tho... i think my backpack weigh about 35lbs. ha ha.

As i was going through the security, they stopped me thinking those bars of wax were explosives.
the guy was serious! he even got a real cop to stand next to me while checking my bag.

sorry no photo while they were checking my bag cuz my iphone was in my bag.

well, the guy opens my backpack... see what's in my bag... smiles and tells me "wow, these things smell good!" when he was done, he asked me if he can grab some wax so i ended up giving him some. that was funny to see a super serious though guy ended up laughing. i made a new friend. ha ha.

after all that, i was feeling good and lucky so i went up to the Hawaiian Air counter at the gate and talked to a worker there and she hooked me up!
emergency exit row! i got to stretch out my legs the whole flight home!

i had a fishing pole that was given to me from a friend who found it in his grandpa's house for years. i looked for it and decided to give it Kylen. i didn't even know the pole was this long!
Kylen was hitting a light on that light pole... yes, this thing is loooooong. hope he gets some fish with it so he can feed me!

pre surf session photo with Kylen and Erika. It was small but still fun and looked like it was getting bigger when we left.

Steph moves to Quiksilver?!? yes, not Roxy but Quik. i guess they want to push Quik women line. personally, i think Quik Women is a stupid idea... They've been trying to push that for years now with no success. hope everything will work out for Steph.

Julian moves to Nike 6.0?!? wow, now Nike pretty much got everyone. ha ha. I'm stoked a huge company like Nike is supporting surfing now but i hope they don't really sponsor EVERYONE. that'll be kindda boring.

According to Surfline, Coco signed with Gatorade (Nice!) and Laura left Roxy and now she's head-to-toe Nike 6.0.
So sounds like everyone's busy before the tour starts.

what shocked me is this "29% of the athletes on the ASP Women's World Tour don't have a major sponsor." - surfline.

that's so crazy! they are the best of the best in the sport and no main sponsors?!?! i hope they get picked up so they don't have miss events like Melanie did last season.

so kids, you need to work even harder now! not only surfing but how you are when you are not surfing. you can be as BAD as you want in private but in public, you need to be the nicest girls and guys. well... actually, you need to be good all the time cuz it's a small industry and seems like everyone finds out everything within 24 hours. ha ha.

well, i'm having a great 2011 so far! need to work hard so i can keep doing what i love doing!!

Kaz
Novus Swell

No comments: