Novus Swell Webisodes!

Pick the webisode you want to watch and click play!

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Nick Mita, you are the man! and Seth Moniz, you are the boy! ha ha.

went to Kewalos today for an evening session. The waves weren't as good as yesterday but still fun enough and everyone was ripping! well, except for me... ha ha.

i ran into Nick Mita in the parking lot today.
he just got back from Japan and looked super stoked to be back in Hawaii where he can surf in his trunks. When i first started shooting surf photos, he helped me out a lot. he introduced me to the right people, recommended me for photo shoots for his sponsors, etc.

He's just a nice guy, willing to go that extra mile to help other people out. Thanks Nick for getting my career started! you're the man!

check out his website www.NickMita.com!

a person who was impressing me the most today surfing was Seth Moniz.
when i was paddling out, i saw him do a superman air! Seth was saying it was a little one so it really wasn't a superman so we'll just call it a frog air. ha ha.

so I paddled over to where Seth and Zeke (Ezekiel Lau) was sitting and told them "Seth 1, Zeke 0!" which i shouldn't have because after that, it became a superman/frog air competition. they were going for all the good waves so i didn't even catch anything decent. ha ha.

at the end of the session, i think Seth landed about 5 of them and Zeke landed 2 of them. Seth wins!!

as a victory lap, when Zeke was paddling back out, Seth busted a backside shove-it right in front of Zeke. the best part was (from what Zeke told me), Seth was just smiling at Zeke the whole time while he was doing his shove-it. ha ha. Good job Seth, you're the man!! or should i say "boy"... ha ha.

this is how Zeke was when he came in...
so this is what defeated guy looks like. ha ha.

next thing i know, Zeke picked Seth up and threw him in a rubbish can.
that's Seth's leg Zeke is holding. sore loser... ha ha.

another great day in Hawaii!

I want to thank Zeke's family for always feeding me. when i take Zeke home, they always have a dinner for me to take home and a few nights ago they invited me to a dinner for Zeke's youngest sister, Dalen's 5th birthday.
Happy birthday Dalen and thank you Lau family!!

Kaz

No comments: