Novus Swell Webisodes!

Pick the webisode you want to watch and click play!

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The craziest 3 weeks of my life!

wow, i must say it was the craziest 3 weeks i had in my life! I used to live in Cali and go back to visit my friends all the time but i've never been there with 6 to 8 kids with me.

I want to thank my friends Michael Kawada and Bill Uechi for letting us use their cars the whole time we were there. If it wasn't for them, we'd had to spend thousands of $ for rental cars!

It didn't matter how old you were, if you were hungry, you had to cook your own food! Kaulana cooking up some food.
nah, nah. i actually cooked almost every night for the kids in my room. we had to go get a rice cooker tho cuz every time i asked the kids what they want to eat, the answer was always "WHITE RICE!" ha ha.

I must say, Cali was freezing cold. we all thought it will be warm since it's june and wasn't prepare for the unusual weather.
Kylen had to get creative to stay warm. ha ha.

i must say it was weird seeing Hawaii kids in wetsuits. i'm so used to seeing them in trunks.

Everyone ended up with nice tan lines. Cole had a nice one by the end of the trip!

and what was up with all the kelps? they were everywhere!

Walking on the train track was really cool tho.

i wanted to take a group photo but we ended up almost getting run over by a train. ha ha.

We got to visit different companies too. I hope these Hawaii kids will get more support specially since they all got to meet the corporate people.

Creatures

La Jolla Group (Rusty, O'neill, ...Lost, & Metal Mulisha)

BayVI

Sticky Bumps

btw, thanks Sticky Bumps for hooking us up with all the wax, air fresheners, wax remover, etc. I never saw any of our kids slipping off their boards!

Personally, i loved the air freshener! bunch of kids and tasty Mexican food can create some funky smell in the car. ha ha.

We didn't get to visit Skull Candy but we got to meet Brandon and Jason at Huntington Beach when they let us use their tent. Thanks guys!

Also want to thank Rusty for letting us use their bus for a couple of days. the kids had a blast in that thing!

Over all we had a great trip! All the kids from Hawaii surfed really well and they made everyone in Hawaii proud. great job everyone!


For some reason we had more people when we were leaving to the airport than what i picked up from the airport in the beginning.

some how we got everyone's boards and bags in/on the car and didn't have to leave a kid or 2 behind. ha ha

I want to send a huge thanks to my buddies Bill and John.

On June 27th my dad, who lives in Japan, had a stroke and it's not looking good... his body is still with us (thanks to some machines pumping blood and air for him) but what makes him him is already gone. (if that makes any sense to you.)

i didn't tell the kids and was trying to act normal but i was a mess inside and not getting much sleep the last week of the trip. Bill and John came down to the beach everyday after i told them about the news to come check on me and gave me huge support.

Thanks guys for doing that, it meant a lot to me, specially knowing you guys' busy schedules.

like i said, it was the craziest 3 weeks i had in my life!

Kaz

No comments: