Novus Swell Webisodes!

Pick the webisode you want to watch and click play!

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Congrats Mahina Ke Aloha Yamaya! - The 1st sticker on my van - Girls are taking over!

I got a photo from Mahina Maeda's Nixon watch winner, Mahina Ke Aloha Yamaya!

Here's an email i got from her dad, Dave. (Who is a Pro Longboarder in Japan.)

Hey Kaz,
I can't tell you how happy Mahina is. She won't stop staring at her new watch, and won't take it off. I've included a picture if you want to post it. Thanks again for making my daughter smile so bright.
aloha
dave

Mahina was born with a heart and respiratory condition but growing big and strong amazing her doctors! check out her blog at http://mahina-ke-aloha.blogspot.com

Congrats Mahina, so stoked you like the watch! just don't let your dad steal it from you! ha ha.

here's the first sticker on my new van! I surfed with Nick Mita a couple of days ago and he gave me some stickers for www.behindthewaves.com! it's a cool site about behind the scene of JPSA, ASP, and all kinds of surf news with Nick Mita, Teppei Tajima, and Jason Shibata! check it out!


I must say girls are the fastest growing market in the surfing. i remember when it was weird seeing a girl paddle out to the line up. now, it's all changed. there are so many girls surfing and they are surfing amazing!

Here are some girls who were out surfing at Kewalos! (and yes, they surf so well, they were making me look really bad...)

Joy Haynes and Cayla Moore.

Kelly Graf and Jenna Forti

Nicole Brueggemann, Nahe Apo, and Tia Blanco

She hurried back home from her win at a WCT event so she can finish her senior year in high school. can you imagine that? fly all over the world to compete but back as soon as she can so she can be a normal teenager going to school. AND she is still as sweet as she was when she was getting pushed into waves by her dad years ago. i'm stoked all the girls have a great role model like Carissa.

Kaz

1 comment:

KP said...

If I didn't already have a watch sponsor, I probably would have borrowed from time to time. HAHAHA!
thanks KAZ!